"...naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me" (Matthew 25:36)
We follow our Savior’s footsteps of love exemplified through service. Devotion to God above all else will inevitably lead to loving our neighbor as ourselves and seeking to bring them solace during their time of distress or ill.
- Seek the Holy Spirit’s guidance through prayer to establish a group of volunteers
- Identify a local nursing home where visitations can be made, specifically to minister to those who do not get visitors, reminding them that they are neither forgotten nor unwanted by the family of God. Also conduct a monthly worship service that can be for all residents.
- Establish contact with and gain permission from the nursing home Administrator or social worker to conduct ministry services.
Set a group meeting date to determine the visitation schedule which can be biweekly or monthly.
- Nominate a communications coordinator who will remind/inform visitation group of upcoming visitations via email/text/various media forums.
- Each volunteer must commit to God their time and plans to allow for visitation schedule consistency, a MUST. Consistency leads to trust.
- Visitation group should meet for prayer before and after each visit.
- Be on the alert for & diligently comply with specific impressions from God on how to bless those visited with tokens of cheer such as cards, flowers etc.
- Continually encourage other believers to join the visitation group or start up additional groups to cover more ground as the harvest is plentiful!
Keep your local Pastors and Elders informed of the visitation group’s ministry & programs.
“Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth” 1 John 3:18
‘Enslaved in America” is the heading of one article that talks of the sex trafficking industry in America. Millions of women from all types of backgrounds, nationalities and race find themselves victims of this, stripped of not only clothing but of worth and identity. Strip clubs are some of the fertile ground that the enemy has used for this type of work. The iHeartMySister annual Drive is designed to reach out to our sisters trapped in this life through literature and gift bags that will contain clear reminders that they are dearly loved and a mighty Savior whose name is Jesus Christ has sent us to them for he has never forgotten them.
This will be a one day literature and goody bag outreach program close to thanksgiving time and will involve going into the streets and possibly into places where our sisters are working such as some strip clubs.
- One must be a prayer warrior, if you are not ask God to help you become one.
- Prayer and faith are all that is needed.
- A meeting will be held at least 2 months prior to the outreach to discuss collection of literature and little gifts to be placed in gift bags. All packaging to be done not less than 2 weeks before the date of outreach.
- By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient. Hebrews 11:31 (No place is too dark for the light of Christ to reach into and save).